[CCWG-ACCT] Comments on the third draft proposal

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Fri Nov 13 20:04:52 UTC 2015

I am not often in agreement with George on many substantive issues :-)  But
on this issue of process he is 100% accurate.  A =partial= catalog of things
we are now considering that are substantially different from where we were
the day before Dublin started include:

Shift from Member to Designator
Mission Statement with or without limitations on contractual obligations
GAC engagement and ST-18
And, of course, today's addition:  Availability/non-availability of
SO-specific veto or proposal authority.

I get, completely, the need for us to not dally.  But these issues are so
significant (I would say they lie at the very core of what we are doing)
that they MUST be resolved now.  They cannot be pushed to WS2 and they
cannot be hurried any faster.  Add into this the prospect that the next
public comment period will span the December holiday time (admittedly, a
cultural circumstance specific to only some of the Members and Participants)
and we gravely risk the credibility of this process by rushing it.  My
limited perception is that a major process foul is the most likely way to
have our report rejected -- either by the chartering organizations or the
NTIA

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig
paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com