[CCWG-ACCT] Update document and next steps

Drazek, Keith kdrazek at verisign.com
Sat Nov 14 14:59:54 UTC 2015

I support this approach.

Regards,
Keith

From: accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org [mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Rickert
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:29 AM
To: Accountability Cross Community
Subject: [CCWG-ACCT] Update document and next steps

All,
let us remember that we are committed to publishing a complete third proposal for consideration by chartering organizations and further public comment on November 30th<x-apple-data-detectors://15> which is now only 16 days away. As such we need to turn our energy to completing the full proposal which is the critical element for us and which still require the resolution of several key issues.

All the elements in the update document will be included in the full proposal and will be made available to the community for comments before it is published. In fact one of the main reasons for not extending the consultation on  the update document is to ensure we provide the CCWG with adequate time to review the complete proposal.
Additionally, please remember we promised to the community to offer a document that describes in plain language what we are doing. Let us deliver on that promise and give the community as much time as possible to understand what we are working on. In order to avoid confusion, we will mark the document clearly as being subject to change based on the final report. We will then offer further information on all changes made with respect to the outstanding issues. This will help the community to follow the process and chime in with comments.

We would therefore ask for your understanding regarding not extending the comment period of the update document and would like to confirm that all the comments that have been made on the update document have been considered.

The update document is presently being finalized and will be published on Sunday the 15th of November<x-apple-data-detectors://16>.

Thank you and kind regards,

León Sanchez
Mathieu Weill
Thomas Rickert