[CCWG-ACCT] CCWG-Accountability Issues Formal Update on Progress Made In and After ICANN54 in Dublin

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Mon Nov 16 10:19:50 UTC 2015

> On 16 Nov 2015, at 10:05, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Will be good to know if the above statement is part of the proposed mission statement as its not highlighted in blue.

The text to which you refer is indeed part of our recommendations for the Mission text, and it (or a variant with slight but immaterial difference) has been included since the First Draft Report.

I think the only reason it is not in blue is due to last minute decisions as to how this would be reported (by quotation, description, or otherwise) when preparing the Formal Preview.

We are continuing to discuss the precise wording of this recommendation based on feedback received in the Second Public Comment round (as noted in this preview). Until a new consensus is reached, the recommendation remains as reported in the preview, but personally I expect we will alight upon either the text Greg recently posted, or something based upon it acceptable to all. What we not going to do is to re-open the question of whether some form of such text is needed; that has long been settled, and there is no prospect of gaining a consensus to remove it altogether.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm.