[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for ST18 Meeting #1 - 16 November

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Mon Nov 16 22:10:43 UTC 2015

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the ST18 Meeting #1 -  16 November will be available here:
https://community.icann.org/x/V7xYAw

A copy of the notes and action items may be found below.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Brenda

Notes

These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through content of the call and do not
substitute in
any way the transcript.

Deliverable: provide language to CCWG-ACCT by next week

Scope: 1) assessment of existing options and areas of agreement/disagreement; 2) Provide CCWG-ACCT
with short summary of options.; 3) Report to CCWG so that consenus can be assessed

We need to final global consensus.

Urgency to find way forward.

Outline of proposals

--> Suggestion to Julia's proposal as substitution

-> Suggestion to find common ground text and insert options in brackets

Do we want to treat all ACs equally in the bylaws as a requirement?  Should notation of support be
added as an additional requirement?

Suggestion to give advice from two different processes (full unanimous advice - consensus advice) to
be given same treatment

Should there be any qualifications to the definition of the term "consensus"?

Should this be less about GAC and more about 'all' ACs?

Jorge proposal: 1st) we are now in a different situation, where we are considering the whole
picture.
2) GAC is committing to consensus, which was something required by stakeholders during the 2014
discussion
3) other safeguards are being established, as the narrow Mission statement

ACTION ITEMS/CONCLUSION

Update document by substituting Denmark proposal to column on right. Recirculate it with comparison
table. All
to comment and suggest amendments in next 24 hours.

Discussion on requirements show that: 1) GAC should not be singled out; 2) There should be degree of
flexibility
to avoid delegation have de facto right - have not been taken into account yet.

On basis of recent proposals from Denmark and adjusting it, prepare any feedback for next call

Encourage enhancement options.

ST18 group to reconvene in approximately 48 hours.