[CCWG-ACCT] SIDE BY SIDE on Regulation/Contract language

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Tue Nov 17 21:50:12 UTC 2015

On 17/11/2015 18:39, Mueller, Milton L wrote:
> Shouldn't be regulable by ICANN.

In the ideal world, I agree. So if we're willing to say,

"other than information services provided by parties to
the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) or the Registry Agreement
(RA) *as provided for in those agreements*"

then I think we're all in agreement.

If that is not acceptable, I have a set of reasons why objectively
registries should bear any residual risk, rather than non-contracted
parties, but I hope the above is acceptable to Becky, so we won't need
to consider my argument in the alternative.

Malcolm.