[CCWG-ACCT] Board comments on the Mission statement

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:47:37 UTC 2015

Hello David,

Isn't your suggestion below somehow implying the same thing as
written/suggested in paragraph 1 of the document shared by the board? i.e
you don't want ICANN to impose anything that is not policy oriented. One of
the things that Paragraph 1 seem to already indicate is that coordination
of the DNS will be done based on policies....(and goes further to explain
nature of policies). It's like a guy saying he will fly on economy and
another person telling the guy not to fly on business/first-class.

Thanks.

David quote:
""ICANN should not be allowed to impose -- directly or indirectly, via its
contracts -- obligations on persons or entities whose only connection to
the DNS is that they use a domain name for Internet communication, except
for implementation of policies for which uniform or coordinated resolution
is reasonably necessary to facilitate the openness, interoperability,
resilience, security and/or stability of the DNS; and which are developed
through a bottomup, consensus-based multi-stakeholder process and designed
to ensure the stable and secure operation of the Internet’s unique names
systems."

Sent from my Asus Zenfone2
Kindly excuse brevity and typos.