[CCWG-ACCT] Board comments on the Mission statement

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:18:33 UTC 2015

Andrew,

I strongly agree with your concluding statement:

This is really why I think the "not a regulator" and "can undertake
> contracts" sentences, however we write them, are dangerous here.  The
> basic restriction to enumerated powers is already in place, and I
> think these two sentences are going to be fantastically hard to write
> correctly for our meaning without causing some sort of side effect.  I
> remain unconvinced they're either necessary or a good idea.

​We are (unfortunately) down that rabbit-hole, and I think further efforts
will just dig new tunnels, none of which will lead to daylight.​
 Extracting ourselves entirely from the rabbit hole would be a far, far
better thing.

Greg