[CCWG-ACCT] Addressing future scenarios in the present

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Sun Nov 22 21:48:13 UTC 2015

While I appreciate the situation your describing I have to fundamentally disagree with its application to our situation, its a prime example of why we should be acting now.

Its both prudent risk management and good corporate governance to have strong planning in advance, to consider a wide range of possibilities and mitigate for them, to assess the potential risk of edge cases and determine if they need mitigating actions, and to design governance structures that are forward looking and flexible. To advocate for a case by case break/fix as it happens approach is exactly what we should not be doing and to do so would show how little we understand about the structures we are trying to create. Lets not go down that path.

-James