[CCWG-ACCT] TR: ST18 subgroup report Nov 23

Paul Rosenzweig paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com
Mon Nov 23 20:21:10 UTC 2015

I am sorry Mathieu, but the compromise is not a well thought out one.  The
change from full UN-based consensus to “absence of significant objection” is
either meaningless (if it equates to the absence of formal objection/UN
standard) or an unacceptable expansion of GAC authority (f it means
something less than full UN consensus).  If it is the latter, it will be
rightly opposed by most members of the community, including me and it will,
I am quite certain, result in the rejection of our report by the chartering
organizations, by NTIA and by the US Congress.  I appreciate that in order
to placate a recalcitrant minority of the GAC you are trying to find a
compromise, but this language crosses a red line for me and I think for many
others.

Paul

Paul Rosenzweig

 <mailto:paul.rosenzweigesq at redbranchconsulting.com>