[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for WP1 Meeting | 22 November

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Mon Nov 23 21:42:25 UTC 2015

hi Julie

Yes, that is a good point.

More precisely formulated, and as discussed on the WP1 calls yesterday,
this is what I mean:

"When the new accountability system is put in place, the Bylaws will
provide for a certain list of SOs and ACs to be able to register their
preferences which count towards decisions about using or not using the
powers.

"These are labelled, for want of a better term, *decisional participants*.

"Those SOs and ACs that are decisional participants will be able to express
their support for or objection to the use of a power, or express no view at
all, and their views will be considered in deciding whether the threshold
to exercise a power is reached.

"Any other SO and AC and indeed any other person will be able to register a
view through the Community Forum about the use of any community power. They
just won't have the right to have their views counted in making decisions
about the use of a power.

"The Decisional Participants will need to be listed in the bylaws and so
will need to be specified in the Third Draft Report. If a named SO and AC
the CCWG identifies as Decisional does not wish to be, they will need to
say so in their response to the report.

"In such a case, a supplementary report would need to be prepared for
Chartering Organisations with a changed list of Decisional Participants.
Our current Third Draft Report also identifies that in such a case, the
voting thresholds may need to be reconsidered."

I hope this helps

best
Jordan

Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz