[CCWG-ACCT] Comments on draft docs

Schaefer, Brett Brett.Schaefer at heritage.org
Mon Nov 23 23:55:37 UTC 2015

All,

The draft reads well, nice job. Most of the comments I would have made have already been highlighted. For the record, in addition to my ST 18 objections, I want to make sure that three issues are noted:

  1.  That the "right of inspection" as granted members under the California Corporations Code must be clearly and specifically granted the Sole Designator.
  2.  That an independent appeal process for DIDP decisions must be incorporated and made explicit in either the IRP or RFR sections.
  3.  The bullet "Considering which specific Human Rights conventions or other instruments should be used by ICANN in interpreting and implementing the Bylaw" needs to be modified by adding ",if any," after instruments and before should to mirror the language in the following bullet "Consider the policies and frameworks, if any, that ICANN needs to develop or enhance in order to fulfil its commitment to Human Rights."

The first two bullets were agreed to be WS1 in the WP1 discussions. The second is consistent with my recollection of discussions and with treatment of similar concerns in that bulleted section.

Thanks,

Brett

Brett Schaefer
Jay Kingham Senior Research Fellow in International Regulatory Affairs
Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom Davis Institute for National Security and Foreign Policy
The Heritage Foundation
214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
202-608-6097