[CCWG-ACCT] Board comments on the Mission statement

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Tue Nov 24 08:39:10 UTC 2015

On 24/11/2015 05:36, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> It is my hope that we will recognise that this issue does not seem to
> have a direction yet, and any attempt to include some form of wording
> into the mission statement may be premature.
>
> Considering that this does not have any dependency on the transition (it
> doesn't necessarily fall within things that MUST be in place before
> transition), I will suggest that it be noted for continuous discussion
> in WS2.

I've no idea why you keep repeating this, when it's been clearly
explained that a wide range of stakeholders consider this essential.
It's quite possible that there may be enough of them to prevent the
chartering organisations from endorsing the report unless it has a
satisfactory provision on this subject.

You may not yourself consider this an essential item, but then there are
things you've said you find crucially important that I do not agree
with. We all need to show a little respect for each other's essential
requirements if we're to get this proposal over the line.

Malcolm.
--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
       Monument Place, 24 Monument Street, London EC3R 8AJ

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929