[CCWG-ACCT] Update on Board discussions on the CCWG Update

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Tue Nov 24 22:44:51 UTC 2015

Bruce

It's fine to have some agreed expectations of board members, but that has very little to do with the enhanced accountability reforms we are working on. Accountability means the board is required to be responsive to the community, and if they are not, they can be removed. That removal might be because they voted for a policy that a broad swath of the community doesn't support and thinks would be bad; because they have allowed the CEO and staff to run amok; because they are misusing ICANN funds, or whatever.

Here, then, is the expectation relevant to the accountability process that you can convey to board members you are recruiting: you are subject to removal by designators through a process that involves x, y and z.... keep your community happy, or you might be on the receiving end of a recall.

--MM