[CCWG-ACCT] Confirm language regarding string as content

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Thu Nov 26 00:20:59 UTC 2015

I appreciate the technical accuracy of Eric's formulation, but I strongly prefer Andrew's formulation. It says basically the same thing but seems easier to understand and thus less likely to cause trouble. Domain names are "identifiers formed by sequences of labels consisting of strings" are they not? And the "sequences of labels" refers to any and all levels of the DNS, when ICANN should be restricted to TLDs.  "Natural language' seems to encompass "different scripts" as well, although the "strings" of which domain names are composed are still ASCII; they are (if I understand correctly)  simply mapped to unicode when displayed.

By the way, in "the use of domain names as identifiers in various natural language." language should be plural.

--MM