[CCWG-ACCT] [Acct-Legal] Lawyers' Meeting on Friday

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 04:23:57 UTC 2015

On 1 October 2015 at 00:12, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:12 PM, farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Board's reaction to CCWG proposal has come as a surprise.
>>

> Really?

Yes . Really. I refer you to the meeting that was held on 2 September 2015.
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56133316

I also refer you to the meeting with Board which was held in BA. Please
read the transcript. You can see there is no outright rejection of a
suggested model.
https://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/sun-board-ccwg-accountability

>> I hope it can be remedied by disclosing the basis on which Board has
>> decided to disagree with CCWG and come up with a new approach .
>>

> I think a lot has been said about reasons on this list, whether the CCWG
> agree that the reasons are important and valid is another thing entirely

I think that you are wrong Seun. We still are not clear what the Board
means by the "gaps" in CCWG proposal. we are still not clear on why the
Board has come up with a new approach or their so called MEM mechanism. We
have 40 questions from the 2 September meeting, most of them unanswered. I
think you guys went to LA to get answers but ... did you?
If their decision is solely based on Jones Day impact analysis then why did
we need CCWG ? we should have just asked Jones Day to come up with a new
model! If their decision is based on other advice and deliberation as well,
why not disclose it? What is so wrong with that?

Regards

--
Farzaneh