[CCWG-ACCT] A way to avoid the 'The Single Member Can Do Anything!' problem

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 16:11:58 UTC 2015

Hello Arun,

What involvement will that be? Literally speaking the outcome of community
forum would/should be implemented by board, if board have reasons not to
implement then they communicate back to the community with rationale and
then the process continues. I don't think it will be healthy to keep having
back and fourth discussion with board. It will be good to have a consensus
view from the community and then have board address those.

I am concerned with the way we are trying to diminish the status of board.
There is a reason they are called directors and we can't just have
community and board together act in such status.

Regards
Sent from my Asus Zenfone2
Kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 1 Oct 2015 13:11, "Arun Sukumar" <arun.sukumar at nludelhi.ac.in> wrote:

> Kavouss, you're right: no one should be a judge of their own cause. But
> equally important is the requirement to hear all parties. Let us not get
> into the voting/consensus debate right away. If the Board is willing to go
> with some involvement in the SMCM, we may have a modus vivendi to work with.
>
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Kavouss Arasteh <kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Dear All
>> Jordan proposal contradict the concept of separation of power. Board ad
>> an executive entity shall not participate in voting together with SOs and
>> ACs as these two entities are legislative entities.
>> We can not invent a new procedure mixing the two powers.
>> Regards
>> Kavouss
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 1 Oct 2015, at 12:36, Arun Sukumar <arun.sukumar at nludelhi.ac.in>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Bruce,
>>
>> To bring us back to Jordan's initial suggestion, if the Board were to
>> play some role in the Single Member model - with the form of
>> decision-making and areas of decision making clearly specified -- what
>> would the Board's take be? Would it still oppose the SMCM?
>>
>> Arun
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Bruce Tonkin <
>> Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Keith,
>>>
>>> That is a good summary of some of the issues that have been discussed by
>>> Board members.
>>>
>>> When I get some time over the weekend - I will post some relevant
>>> extracts from the Board's public comments, and also offer some of my own
>>> personal thoughts on the single member model.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Bruce Tonkin

>>> Keith