[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Continued Counsel Dialogue

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Sun Oct 4 20:11:51 UTC 2015

Thanks Grace for sharing this.

I would like suggest we certify to our lawyers an advocacy request --- that
is, the same thing this Jones Day memo is.

Could Sidley and Adler be tasked with a similar memo directed at the
Board's MEM idea?

[I am concerned that we have our lawyers answering specific questions, and
the Board's lawyers rolling all over the lawn. I would like an even playing
field. The memo from JD is an extraordinary document for lawyers to have
prepared, but if this is the sort of process we are in, it requires us all
to be on a common approach.]

Jordan

On 2 October 2015 at 17:38, Grace Abuhamad <grace.abuhamad at icann.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Attached please find a memo that Jones Day lawyers just sent to Sidley and
> Adler to respond to some of the characterizations of Jones Day's advice.
>

> This memo is being forwarded to the CCWG-Accountability for transparency.
>

> This memo was also circulated to the ICANN Board after it was sent to
> CCWG-Accountability's Counsel.
>

> —Grace
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From:* Kate Wallace <kwallace at jonesday.com>
> *Date:* October 1, 2015 at 8:49:24 PM PDT
> *To:* "Gregory, Holly" <holly.gregory at sidley.com>, "Rosemary E. Fei" <
> rfei at adlercolvin.com>
> *Cc:* Lizanne Thomas <lthomas at jonesday.com>, <jlevee at jonesday.com>,
> "Kevin B Espinola" <kbespinola at jonesday.com>, John Jeffrey <
> john.jeffrey at icann.org>, <samantha.eisner at icann.org>
> *Subject:* *Continued Counsel Dialogue*
>
> Dear Holly and Rosemary,
>
> In an effort to continue our dialogue, please see the attached document
> responding to some of the issues raised in the slides you distributed on 29
> September 2015.
>
> Thanks,
> Kate
>
> Kate Wallace
> Partner
> *JONES DAY® - One Firm Worldwide**℠* <http://www.jonesday.com/>
> 555 S. Flower Street, 50th Floor
> Los Angeles, California 90071
> Office +1.213.243.2536
> kwallace at jonesday.com
>

> ==========
> This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is
> private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege.
> If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system
> without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records
> can be corrected.

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *