[CCWG-ACCT] Personal thoughts on membership

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 21:43:02 UTC 2015

Nigel,

Please see my email today in response to you on another thread regarding
the three duties that make up the fiduciary duties of a non-profit Board
member.  The "Duty of Obedience" does obligate the Board to "obey" the
mission, purpose and values of ICANN as set forth in the Articles and
Bylaws (including those cited above), and to its status as a public benefit
corporation.  This is a fiduciary duty, and while it must be balanced by
the Board members against the fiduciary duties of care and loyalty, it
cannot be denigrated to the point where it is breached.

Greg