[CCWG-ACCT] A path to Dublin and beyond

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Oct 5 04:11:43 UTC 2015

Hello Avri,

>>  Well not nefarious but perhaps detrimental to finding a complete solution for WS1.  Also the discussion of eliminating the WS2 process is of concern.

One approach could be to actually plan the next 12 months after the proposal is submitted to NTIA.

e.g

- prioritize 4 issues for further work that have already reached rough consensus at least with respect to high level requirements

- choose one issue per 3 month period and have a focussed effort to complete that issue - with detailed processes, and proposed bylaws language

- plan resources in terms of travel costs (for one face-to-face meeting), legal advice (agree a budget per period)

- integrate in the ICANN public meetings into the project plan

We can incorporate an appropriate budget for the work into the 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017 financial year

You could then repeat for another 12 months  (1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018)- assuming you have other stuff that needs such a focussed effort.

I think at the moment we are trying to work on too many issues at once and this limits the ability for most people to really get involved in each issue.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin