[CCWG-ACCT] Is it reasonable to avoid new mechanisms?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Oct 5 14:49:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

What about the idea of recasting the SM to work on a consensus model
instead of voting?

The info we got from Sidley/Adler indicates that this should be
possible.  Then instead of working on votes we can work on
Recommendations and Advice objections to gauge consensus (e.g. no more
that 1 SO recommends against + 1 AC advises against)

Note: I personally accept that constant outreach, a place for anyone in
an ACSO and open comment period in the 6 UN languages meets the
condition for a viable global model of participation.

avri