[CCWG-ACCT] Message from ICANN Board re Designator Model

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Tue Oct 6 06:14:23 UTC 2015

Nigel, may I agree with this. The Board has serious and legitimate concerns
to raise and perspectives to add. It is the manner in which this is being
done that is causing the problem.

best
Jordan

On 6 October 2015 at 19:11, Nigel Roberts <nigel at channelisles.net> wrote:

> Interesting, if the Board persist in their "we know best" behaviour, all
> sorts of unintended consquences may flow.
>
> This is independent of whether the Board's reservations are justified or
> unjustified.
>

> On 06/10/15 07:07, Rubens Kuhl wrote:
>

>>> What are others' views about how we proceed from here? I confess myself
>>> mystified.
>>>

>> Since a stakeholder with enhanced leverage appears to be blocking the
>> process, perhaps the alternative is asking NTIA for a competitive rebid of
>> the IANA contract if a compromise can't be found. That could possibly have
>> a consensus building effect...
>>

>> Rubens

Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-4-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *