[CCWG-ACCT] question on fiduciary duties and their objectivity

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Tue Oct 6 12:53:32 UTC 2015

 I am not really sure why this should be relevant, as I would say that it is up to the board or individual board members from whom they seek there advice since they themselves are accountable for the decisions they base on such advice.
However, Greg, if all is well, board members are (s)elected primarily on their expertise, experience and personal competences.
It would be a disservice to the board and the community if the professional opinion of a board member, based on personal expertise on a matter, could not be used as advice to the (rest of the) board. It’s the whole idea of having a diverse board with different fields of (extensive) expertise. Law and otherwise.

Best,

Roelof Meijer