[CCWG-ACCT] Message from ICANN Board re Designator Model

Ron Baione ron.baione at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 00:44:41 UTC 2015

Any Board or Leadership structure will stay as connected and verbal as possible to keep the part of the group that it feels is fowardly-relevant up to speed. Time delays either are a sign of what you suggested, or a sign that the communty isn't financially able to perform a function worthy of such upkeep, but that doesn't mean non-board members are worthless, because it seems as we do have the intellectual capability to perform our function.

Could the entire process be controlled by a few just as good as it can be controlled by many?  Yes, only if a vast majority of people don't care to understand the importance of ICANN and us as participants give up.  Non-participants are too distracted by work, media and geopolitical events.  The people here though are vital to keeping a balance therefore as representative for those distracted and non-distracted, like founders of a country who only need 5% of people to participate in a successful agenda, we as participants must not feel discouraged by any distractions, the distracted, or the unable, because we can represent them.

Even if they have never heard of ICANN, they are still human beings who deserve our representation, and we have until next June to make sure of the correct humane balances of ICANn post-transition process, while at the same time expanding internet opportunities.  The mentor idea is a good idea.

Ron