[CCWG-ACCT] Community not sufficiently representative???

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:24:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

I think we should make a distinction; there is difference between having
control on names related policies and having control over entire ICANN
accountability which goes beyond the walls of names and also beyond just
policies.

The accountability mechanism that has been proposed does effectively create
a power shift to the community, the PDP on the other hand maintains power
with where it should rightly be (based on ratification requirement).

The way the 2 scenarios is evaluated against representation would certainly
be different as the risks are not the same. The way the president responds
to change in states constitution vis the national constitution would sure
differ.

Regards

Sent from my Asus Zenfone2
Kindly excuse brevity and typos.