[CCWG-ACCT] Message from ICANN Board re Designator Model

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Oct 7 15:47:27 UTC 2015

On 07-Oct-15 10:01, parminder wrote:
> . Although, and that is the saddest part, democracy, democratisation,
> public and such are not the terms that anyone  in this group ever
> utters at all.

As you know, many of us consider multistakeholder model as a form of
participatory democracy.  When I say someone is thwarting the
multistakeholder model, that is the same as saying they are thwarting
participatory democracy.

But you are right, perhaps not enough people understand that linkage,
and it might be useful to use the word democracy more often.

avri

---