[CCWG-ACCT] Special Community Leaders CAll - 6 October - Shared Materials

Kieren McCarthy kieren at kierenmccarthy.com
Wed Oct 7 20:20:52 UTC 2015

I think the value of raising issues that are outside the current
"workstream" - for me at least - is to remind ourselves that this is an
organization that not only has numerous, significant flaws but one that,
for whatever reason, refuses to tackle its numerous, significant flaws,
even when special groups are created to identify them in detail, do so, and
provide clear recommendations for improvement that are then pushed away.

When this group starts its inevitable decline into deciding what it can do
without in order to appease the board and to be seen as being responsible /
reaching a workable compromise, it should do so in the full knowledge that
it is giving away the community's ability to change that dynamic and so
tackle the many problems that ICANN continually fails to address, possibly
forever.

Kieren