[CCWG-ACCT] Update from Brussels

Mathieu Weill mathieu.weill at afnic.fr
Fri Oct 9 08:09:49 UTC 2015

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your appreciation of this statement. I don't think we
should spend too much time on interpretation or speculation regarding
statements motives in this group. Statements are statements, they are
useful to be aware of, and when we have questions of clarifications,
they should be directed to the authors of the statement rather than
discussed on this list.

In light of your observation that few ccTLD colleagues are involved in
the transition process, I feel compelled to react and acknowledge the
significant contributions from many more of our ccTLD colleagues,
especially Lise Fuhr from .fr, Martin Boyle from .uk, Staffan Johnson
from .se, Nigel Roberts from .jj & .gg, Giovanni Seppia from .eu (&
CENTR Chair) to name only those who were in Brussels.

I can't speak for Governments but will observe that the submission of a
consensus view from the GAC on our public comment is a significant step
that demonstrates the high level of engagement on their side as well. We
are deeply grateful to the GAC appointed members and participants for
their important work in that regard.

Best regards,
Mathieu

Mathieu WEILL