[CCWG-ACCT] Comparison of independent review processes

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrlaw.com
Fri Oct 9 18:46:44 UTC 2015

I heartily disagree that counsel to the CCWG – ACCT are not acting in a neutral manner.  In fact, they have been, in my opinion, most careful to be very neutral and are merely reciting what the California statutes say about enforceability of community powers.

The fact that you don’t like their answers does not mean the answers are not objective.  Further,  as we all know, the advice provided depends on the question asked.  For example, if the Board asks Jones Day for a memo on whether binding arbitration is enforceable (and ignores all difficulties in enforcement leading up to the point of binding arbitration), then they will get an opinion that binding arbitration is enforceable, otherwise known as Alternative Dispute Resolution 101 – could well have been drafted by a first year associate.

I would suggest we all refrain from accusing counsel of violating the ethics codes – this is absurd from my point of view given who these firms are.
Anne

[cid:image001.gif at 01D10288.11159550]

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese, Of Counsel

Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP

One South Church Avenue Suite 700 | Tucson, Arizona 85701-1611

(T) 520.629.4428 | (F) 520.879.4725

AAikman at lrrlaw.com<mailto:AAikman at lrrlaw.com> | www.LRRLaw.com<http://www.lrrlaw.com/>