[CCWG-ACCT] A path to Dublin and beyond

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Fri Oct 9 22:13:40 UTC 2015

On 09/10/2015 22:51, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>> 6. Mechanism for binding IRP where a panel decision is enforceable in
> any court recognizing international arbitration results — even if
> ICANN’s board refused to participate in the binding arbitration.
>  (assuming CCWG lawyers verify this works without activating a
> Membership model)
>>

> SO: Will be good to know if this is now confirmed to be Yes or No.

Seun,

I am also eagerly awaiting Counsel's response.

Not only was it a significant assertion in Jones Day's memo of 1st
October (second sub-bullet on page 2) and repeated in Jones Day's memo
of Oct 7th ("Fourth,..."), confirmation has been certified as Question
68. See
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52896826

So it won't be forgotten.

I do hope this will be ready before we leave for Dublin, as it really is
a crucial question.

Holly or Rosemary: sorry to press, but any hints on when to expect Q68?

Malcolml
--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929