[CCWG-ACCT] Where do we stand? (Was Re: Blog post on the Accountability work headed to Dublin)

Adebunmi AKINBO akinbo.adebunmi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:25:58 UTC 2015

+1 Avri

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I appreciate that my view has no currency with you.
>
> And while I, too, am always happy to hear how our chairs interpret the
> consensus or lack of consensus, which they believe we have reached, I
> would argue that it is the CCWG, or perhaps the CCWG members - we may be
> getting to that point (I am not a member), that determine where we are.
> The  co-chairs read the signs, tell us where they think we are and we
> (or maybe the members) let them know if they got it right.
>
> Or at least that is how I thought it worked.
>
> avri
>
> On 11-Oct-15 00:47, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> >
> > Hello Avri,
> >
> > Thanks for your response, I will not really attempt to address your
> > view so this does not distract from the essence of starting this thread.
> >
> > I think we have quite a number of differing individual opinion and it
> > gets so high at times that we miss the directions from the Co-Chairs.
> >
> > I will really appreciate that the Co-Chairs specifically provide
> > response to this question so we have an idea of what page we are
> > officially at in this process.
> >
> > Regards
> > PS: Co-Chairs may also just put a stamp on what Avri has said if
> > that's their understanding as well.
> > Sent from my Asus Zenfone2
> > Kindly excuse brevity and typos.
> >
> > On 10 Oct 2015 20:32, "Avri Doria" <avri at acm.org
> > <mailto:avri at acm.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     (I know this was addressed to the co-chairs and i am not one, yet I
> >     presume to have an opinion on the subject)
> >
> >     As far as I understood we are, in parallel:
> >
> >     a. analyzing  and trying to respond to the comments, including
> >     those by
> >     the Board, made about defects in explanation and design in the SM
> >     model
> >     of Draft 2
> >     b. analyzing the MEM counter proposal made by the Board
> >
> >     I disagree with your claim that working on the SM model is
> >     impractical.
> >     It is still the model that responds to the largest number of
> community
> >     concerns and best meets the CWG requirements.
> >
> >     The suggestion by Steve D. is just that, a suggestion. I do not
> >     believe
> >     that there is a consensus in the group, at least not yet, about
> taking
> >     that path.  Many, myself among them, have argued that we are not
> >     comfortable with putting off the major accountability changes that
> are
> >     required by the loss of NTIA. Yes, we need to prune and make sure
> that
> >     the changes we work on are necessary for WS1, but given the
> >     uncertainties about the post transition and any possible WS2, we must
> >     make sure that the WS1 solution is sufficient.
> >
> >     avri
> >

> >     On 10-Oct-15 14:53, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> >     >
> [...]

*Evang. Akinbo A. A. Cornerstone, Nigeria.*
+2348064464545, +2348089118151 | 2BAC511D.
www.akinbo.ng

*Co-Founder,*
My Nigeria Online (MyNOL)
www.mynol.org.ng <http://www.mynol.org/>  |
@mynol1

*Member, Executive Board of Directors*,
Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
www.nira.org.ng  | akinbo at nira.org.ng <akinbo at yips.org.ng>
@niraworks

*National Convener,*
Nigerian Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (NG-YCIG)
www.ycig.org.ng <http://www.nira.org.ng/>

*President,*
Young Internet Professionals (YiPS)
www.yips.gnbo.com.ng <http://wwwyips.org.ng/> | akinbo at yips.org.ng

*The RedHub.*
12, Afonka Odebunmi Street, Lagos State.
http://www.theredhub.org/

*National Focal Point ( Nigeria ) 2009-2011.*
Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (a program of TakingITGlobal)
www.youthaidscoalition.org                  www.takingitglobal.com
www.iaids.org
About me: http://profiles.tigweb.org/pscornerstone