[CCWG-ACCT] A plea for time

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Oct 11 19:38:22 UTC 2015

On 11-Oct-15 15:22, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> Not sure I get why you awarded accolades to SM in this instance, Isn't
> collaboration(doing things cooperatively) based on set of guidelines
> possible in any model including SM?

Court is always there at the end of the day.  I just think that a model
built on cooperation and consensus (a non voting SM) is less likely to
end up in court than a model that starts with adversarial behavior -
arbitration and mediation.

A well formed SM model builds on a combination, a hand-fasting, of the
Board's fiduciary roles and responsibilities with the Community's roles
and responsibility to represent the interests of the public as best they
can though the bylaws processes and outreach. They both check each other
and both can be appealed to the IRP when they go off the rails.

avri

---