[CCWG-ACCT] Where do we stand? (Was Re: Blog post on the Accountability work headed to Dublin)

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 20:58:34 UTC 2015

I look forward to the Co-Chairs' summary.

I feel the need to reject the following statement by Seun as baseless and
inaccurate:

 In some discussions it seem we have understood and agreed that a model
> that implies a structural change is impractical during this transition
> phase hence the suggestion made by Steve
> ​ [DelBianco]​
> .

I understand that some (including Seun) feel this way.  But there is no
basis for saying "we have ... agreed" with this statement.  Of course, I
may be reading the statement incorrectly; I am assuming that "we" refers to
the CCWG (or the the CCWG Members, of which I am not one, but who in any
event should be guided by their stakeholder organizations).  If "we" refers
to some other group (such as those who agree with the statement) then maybe
it is accurate.  Otherwise, no way.

I find that the surest way *not* to come to an agreement is to pretend it
has already been reached.  It tend to inflame, rather than convince, those
who disagree or who are weighing their position.

Finally, a general "+1" to Avri's statements in this thread.

Greg