[CCWG-ACCT] Accountability work headed to Dublin - Fadi's October 11 e-mail to certain "Community Leaders"

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrlaw.com
Tue Oct 13 00:34:25 UTC 2015

Thanks, Greg, for clarifying.  I am recalling there was some discussion of this smaller group in one of our CCWG-ACCT calls and it was stated that the group would not be doing any substantive work but would rather just be trying to coordinate and narrow issues and then report back to the full CCWG. ( Of course narrowing issues does seem rather important at this stage.)    I frankly recall supporting this idea in the chat, but of course did not realize the group’s work would focus on Fadi’s chart.

My recollection of that chart is that it indicated via shading that the Community had already established broad agreement with respect to “All the dependencies” on the CWG-Stewardship Final Report.   This of course is incorrect given that the CWG-Stewardship’s Final Report is premised on the enforceability guaranteed by the CMSM.   (Perhaps this is one of the substantial revisions to which you were referring.)

At this point, I am unsure as to how the chart and the substantial revisions that Community Leaders are making to the chart coordinates with the process of public comment review that the Working Party  Chairs are facilitating.   In this regard, it seems that there should be a correlation between the chart and the Public Comment summaries of the Working Parties.

How do the Co-Chairs see the chart the leaders are working on as fitting in with the work of the CCWG?
Thank you,
Anne
P.S.  Do you know who is on the mailing list for global_leaders at icann.org<mailto:global_leaders at icann.org>?

[cid:image001.gif at 01D1050F.0856CE50]

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese, Of Counsel

Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP

One South Church Avenue Suite 700 | Tucson, Arizona 85701-1611

(T) 520.629.4428 | (F) 520.879.4725

AAikman at lrrlaw.com<mailto:AAikman at lrrlaw.com> | www.LRRLaw.com<http://www.lrrlaw.com/>