[CCWG-ACCT] Fadi's Contribution to ICANN Accountability

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Thu Oct 15 09:22:13 UTC 2015

Dear all,
Further to conversation on list this week ‹ including requests from Thomas,
James, and Anne (apologies if I missed others) to have information shared
and distributed to this list‹  here below are a message and an attachment
from Fadi Chehade that are being shared with the community.
‹Grace

ICANN Colleagues:

It's wall-to-wall Accountability in Dublin! Together, we shall coalesce
around the tremendous work that has been done by the CCWG to enhance ICANN
accountability ahead of our historic transition from U.S. Stewardship.

As I was preparing for Dublin, I became aware that I needed to understand
better where we stood and that I, and many in our community, have not been
able to keep up with the extensive documentation emanating from the CCWG's
work. Furthermore, there are many legal memos that are dense with content
and hard to digest for those who are not versed in legal matters as well as
non-native English speakers. I sympathize!

For this, I built the attached presentation.  It is my personal, objective,
and considered contribution into the process. A summary of where we stand on
Accountability and what I believe we still need to sort in Dublin.

I share it with you as a personal contribution and hope it will help you get
ready for Dublin --  a historic meeting to strengthen ICANN accountability
and pave the way for a safe transition.

Fadi

Note: I built it as an interactive PDF file. So, when you click on any of
the main chart's rows, it will link you directly to the slide that describes
the element of accountability in that row. To go back to the main chart, I
put a link at the bottom that gets you back to the top (main chart). On each
slide describing a row, I tried to capture in plain English where I believe
we have broad agreement and what open questions remain (with blanks to be
filled by the community). On most rows, I showed one implementation
approach. On the two rows where we have alternative implementation
approaches, I put both approaches (you can toggle between them by clicking
on the approach tab).