[CCWG-ACCT] Meeting location

Ron Baione ron.baione at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 23:45:14 UTC 2015

It's not a policy on polite discourse if it is not enforced, especially when someone can be directly, publicly insulted without any fear of the Ombusdmans ability to enforce that policy.  It is clear that after being publicly referred to impolitely and unfairly objectified as a "troll", an "it", "a silicone based lifeform", labeled as "hostile", and told to "give it a rest" simply for trying to participate and share new ideas, there is no actual ability for the Ombudsman to enforce the policy being referred to.

The very fact that the Ombusdman already sent a note previously asking members of this list to follow the policy on polite discourse, prior to my being assigned as a participant to CCWG-Accountability, shows me that there has long needed to be some sort of special review of the comments made by members of this mailing list to see if there is a atmosphere of disrespect that for some reason has evolved over a lengthy period of time.  After such a review of the distractions, the real work of completing the ICANN transition process will be more successful in my opinion.  Can the Ombudsman comment on this proposal and/or perform such a review?

Ron