[CCWG-ACCT] comment for the "consensus" break-out session tomorrow

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Fri Oct 16 08:45:39 UTC 2015

Dear Jonathan, dear all,

As I'm not sure whether I will be able to attend the meeting tomorrow, I would like to very clearly stress a point I've made this morning which qualifies my support to the approach presented: while I agree with the escalation approach, I'm of the strong opinion that we cannot define consensus as a "no objection"-standard.

We have to define it as a process and as a required level of (very large) positive support, which would represent the whole of the community.

Best regards

Jorge

Jorge Cancio

International Relations
Federal Department of the Environment,
Transport, Energy and Communications DETEC
Federal Office of Communications OFCOM
Zukunftstrasse 44, CH 2501 Biel
Tel. +41 58 460 54 58 (direct)
Tel. +41 32 327 55 11 (office)