[CCWG-ACCT] FW: Chairman Thune and Senator Schatz letter to Steve Crocker ahead of ICANN 54

william currie willie.currie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 09:33:42 UTC 2015

Good points, Malcolm.

The accountability test now has these questions:

1 Is there an accountable actor, clearly identified?

2(a) Is there an accountability forum, to which the accountable actor
is responsive?

(b) Is the relationship between the accountable actor and the
accountability forum one of holding the accountable actor to account,
where the accountability forum's view is decisive? Or is the
relationship merely advisory, where the accountable actor's view
ultimately prevails?

3 Is it clear for what issues the accountable actor is being held to
account by the accountability forum?

4 Is it clear by what standards the accountable actor is being held to
account?

5 Are there clear reasons as to why the accountable actor is being held to
account in the manner specified in the proposal?