[CCWG-ACCT] Spam and Identity

Ron Baione ron.baione at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 19:59:32 UTC 2015

Another point on this "situation", email providers have always had a difficult time with mailing list functionality, in fact, my spam folder has lots of non-spam in it at the present time, with a rough estimate of about 20% of those messages from ARIN, IGF, ICANN, ISOC, ACM and other mailing lists I participate in or learn about internet governance from.

Now, do I wonder why those emails are in my spam folder or go through the effort of posting glitch notifications about one of those spam messages to an entire group of people?  No, I accept that when people are emailing hundreds or people at a time sometimes things can get glitchy, sometimes things bounceback, and end up in the spam folder.  When new people sign up for a mailing list, that further complicates matters.  Questions and comments should be directed towards the ICANN technical team, not to the group as a whole.

I'd request a class on email provision and mailing lists 101, but none of the ICANN learn classes are functioning since the new format was recently instated.

Ron