[CCWG-ACCT] Summary words from engagement meeting

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:56:12 UTC 2015

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Jordan Carter <jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
wrote:

> Thanks Desiree - copying to list for the record and to share your thoughts.
>
> On 17 October 2015 at 12:19, Desiree Miloshevic <dmiloshevic at afilias.info>
> wrote:
>
>> Jordan
>>
>> Myself, like Malcolm has said, have come out of our Enforcement model
>> breakout session thinking that in the end there is not a huge advantage of
>> the Sole Membership model
>> over the Single Designator Model.
>>
>> However, we should explore other opportunities. For example we have not
>> discussed enough the indirect Enforcement - the spill of the board
>> as that may end up being a faster and more efficient way than court
>> proceedings, that would, in the end, keep deciding if something is
>> a fiduciary duty or not regardless of potentially reserved membership
>> statutory powers and regardless of what the board suggests.

So: Just for the record, I like to add my +1 to what Desiree has said
above. As one of those who participated in the enforcement subgroup its one
of my take away from that discussion. Its also the reason i asked why we
decided to restrict ourselves to discussing SD and SM only. The Co-Chairs
said they were going to respond to that later, I hope the response can be
shared as soon as they can.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!