[CCWG-ACCT] Rationale for Stress Test 18

Perez Galindo, Rafael RPEREZGA at minetur.es
Sun Oct 18 13:43:24 UTC 2015

Dear Jordan

you underpin your view on this presumption: "" If ICANN does have to come to "mutually acceptable solutions" then that implies it's mutual acceptance between two parties ""

That is not what the Bylaws say. The Board is only obliged to engage to TRY to find a solution. The Board does NOT have to reach an agreeable solution, it only has to engage with the GAC. In that case, where a solution is not found, the Board CAN just SAY NO to the GAC, turning the GAC down by simple majority of its members, and just stick to the decision they originally made.

In addition, I again draw your attention to the fact that in the case of the GNSO, the threshold for rejection of supermajority (not consensus!) policy is 2/3 of the Board.

Best
Rafa