[CCWG-ACCT] ALAC Statement on proposed accountability models

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Sun Oct 18 18:52:10 UTC 2015

On 10/18/15 6:42 AM, Alan Greenberg wrote:

[snips]
> something far less complex and lighter-weight, and that we saw no need
> for the level of enforceability

I too prefer something far less complex and lighter-weight, and also
remain unconvinced of the necessity claims offered since January by the
Business Constituency.

> Accordingly we decided, by a unanimous vote of the 14 ALAC members
> present (with 1 not present), to withdraw support for the Membership
> model.

I'm pleased to see this, whether what is meant is members, in the sense
that we tried, and were unable to implement in 2002, or members, in the
sense of existing bylaws created committees and supporting
organizations, or in the sense of some single member.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon