[CCWG-ACCT] Summary of points that I covered in my comments

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Oct 19 13:18:14 UTC 2015

Hello All,

Here is a summary of my comments.

- the Board has been encouraged by discussions that have been held over Friday and Saturday in Dublin where the CCWG work has continued to evolve in response to public comments

- in general the Board supports the new community powers and was very encouraged by the progress on how these powers should be executed in the discussions on Saturday morning.

- the board also agrees that the community powers should be enforceable.   We continue to support approaches that ensure the enforceability can be achieved using simple approaches, without major changes in corporate structure.   We believe that most disputes can be resolved through a community independent review panel (IRP), and that in the unlikely event that a future Board doesn't comply with the IRP outcome, the community should have solid foundation to achieve enforcement.

- with respect to enforcing the outcome of a community IRP in court,  we have noted that there has been some discussion over what legal entity, or legal entities, should be used for the community to have standing in court, and what legal status it should be given within our bylaws.

- with respect to the bylaws status of the legal entity, the board supports the consideration of the designator model as the closest to our current governance model

- Board members will continue to actively participate in refining how best to implement the community powers, and participate in investigating how a sole designator model could be implemented

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin