[CCWG-ACCT] individual SO/AC elected Board member removal

Chartier, Mike S mike.s.chartier at intel.com
Mon Oct 19 15:39:34 UTC 2015

Yes.
That's my understanding.

-----Original Message-----
From: accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org [mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Tonkin
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 11:38 AM
To: CCWG Accountability
Subject: Re: [CCWG-ACCT] individual SO/AC elected Board member removal

Hello Rubens,

>>  In case of NomCom-appointed Board Members, would the relevant SO/AC
>> be NomCom or would this mechanism not be available

My understanding that in the case of director appointed by the nominating committee, the process for consultation will be the same but the decision making with be different.

For a SO/AC appointed director – the relevant SO/AC makes the final decision.

For a nominating committee appointed director – a minimum of four  SO/ACs must decide to remove that director, and there must be no more than one objection.

I would interpret this as typically meaning – ASO, GNSO, ccNSO, ALAC would have to agree to remove, and that more than one of GAC, SSAC, or RSSAC object to the removal.    In this situation the technical advisory committees such as SSAC and RSSAC would not be required to provide any response if they thought it was not appropriate to do so.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin