[CCWG-ACCT] individual SO/AC elected Board member removal

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Mon Oct 19 16:31:06 UTC 2015

Bruce,

Having read the prior SSAC and RSSAC comments I'm confident that one, or
both, may decline to exercise any affirmative act that would require
one, or the other, or both, to become actors determining the composition
of the body they are constituted to advise in each of their remits.

So when four (4) of {ASO, GNSO, ccNSO, ALAC, GAC} arrive at the point of
seeking the removal of a NomCom appointee, the current NomCom selects a
replacement.

Of course, this only applies to those Board seats appointed by the
NomCom, not to the NomCom's appointees to the various SO/AC.

Turning to just those NomCom appointees to positions other than the
Board of Directors, could you (or anyone) remind me whether these
individuals can participate in the (hypothetical) SO/AC processes which
lead to the situation of some number, four or more, of the SO/AC,
seeking to remove a NomCom appointee? From my time watching the GNSO
Council when Avri was the (NomCom appointed) Chair, these NomCom
appointed individuals would be able to vote for, or against, the removal
of other NomCom appointees, at least to the Board of Directors.

Clarification sought, thanks in advance,
Eric