[CCWG-ACCT] Separability: picture of the relation of CWG's IFR & SCWG with CCWG process

Guru Acharya gurcharya at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:13:27 UTC 2015

Dear Avri,

This is extremely helpful and an excellent contribution!

Questions:

1) As per Annex L of the CWG proposal (Para 1390), wouldnt the
recommendation of the IFR for the creation of the SCWG also require GNSO &
ccNSO supermajority approval and CM approval? Accordingly, I have created a
revised version of the process that I understood (in a separate document
since I am not able to add it your document). Please correct me if I am
wrong.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NYLD847RoUWZDOT-_1wIlsHxjXo3guax-tYEKTga-lY/edit?usp=sharing

2) How would the procedure comparatively differ in case of a membership
model? Would board approval be replaced by member approval in both steps
where board approval is required? Or would the member approval be invoked
only after board rejection?

3) In case the board is spilled and then reconstituted, would the process
begin from square 1 (reconstitution of IFR), or would the process continue
from the point where it was rejected by the spilled board?

4) Under what scenarios can arbitration be invoked in case of board
rejection? Say the board rejects the recommendation citing security and
stability - in that case on what grounds can the community resort to
arbitration - which bylaw would the board have vitiated for arbitration to
be invoked?

Thanks.
Guru