[CCWG-ACCT] Notes-Recordings-Transcript links for CCWG ACCT Meeting #64 - 27 October

Brenda Brewer brenda.brewer at icann.org
Tue Oct 27 21:05:26 UTC 2015

Hello all,

The notes, recordings and transcripts for the CCWG ACCT meeting #64 -  27 October will be available
here:  https://community.icann.org/x/vbJYAw

A copy of the notes and action items may be found below.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Brenda

Action Items

ACTION ITEM - CoChairs to examine precedent of CO approval process -
positive/negative/abstention/absence of negotiation

ACTION ITEM - CoChairs to explore option of a tabular form for COs approval.

Notes

These high-level notes are designed to help you navigate through content of the call and do not
substitute in any way the transcript.

- Kavouss Arasteh - Avri Doria - Christopher Wilkinson not in AC

- IGF will be addressed in A.O.B.

- Principles agenda item is postponed

Steps toward Chartering Organizations' endorsement of our proposal

We will submit our recommendations to Chartering Organizations when posting them for public comment.

Refer to paragraphs SO/AC support for the Draft Proposal and Supplemental Draft Proposal from
Charter <https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Charter>
https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/Charter

Per our timeline we will submit our draft proposal in November. We need to prepare SO/ACs for this
proposal so that we may be in a position to assess whether our draft proposal has been approved by
all or whether we need to issue a supplemental proposal which in turn might lead to adoption during
month of January. Intersessional might be an option, as needed by COs. CoChairs have been invited to
SO/AC leadership call this week to explain timeline and raise awareness for timeline responses. The
plan will be to organize SO/AC specific webinars.

Process dictated by Charter

Feedback:

- Process could be prolonged if SO/AC approves November report but others don't or if approves
section of it.

--> An option for COs will be to determine what they can adopt and what is unacceptable. See
supplemental paragraph.

Report should highlight number of recommendations. We should clarify that recommendations are not
for "cherry picking" but it is possible that some recommendations will not be adopted by some.

- Consider approval table for recommendations.

--> We will need to have clarification on whether endorsement/no objection. We will need to refer to
precedent.

ACTION ITEM - CoChairs to examine precedent of CO approval process -
positive/negative/abstention/absence of negotiation

ACTION ITEM - CoChairs to explore option of a tabular form for COs approval.

CCWG-ACCT Process & Timeline

ICANN staff have secured resources to take on writing duty. Susannah Gray has been given proof of
concept assignment on budget. A second resource is currently being investigated. Key principles for
interaction will be according to Dublin: terms of reference, bullet points of what matters in terms
of content as well as reference materials. This will be under supervision of Work Parties. They will
be given opportunity to review. Approval of documents will be within CCWG. We will encourage to
focus on whether document reflects choices of group and not focus on wordsmithing. We are working on
timeline with expected deliverables so we have visibility on expectations.

Feedback:

- Audience of report?

--> Summary of 20 pages intended for broad audience (political level etc). Core proposal will be
SO/AC, ICANN community targeted. These are two levels of audience.

- Remove SO/ACs, acronyms etc in first component.

AOB

Suggestion to meet at IGF

These discussions would be held in informal environment and would not entail decision-making. They
would enable us to iron out details in advance of group discussion. You are invited to fill in a
form to determine who can attend so that we may make a decision as to whether or not we can hold the
"gathering" -
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1diDLY_uFmvqkpPmI858MfRx4_0FMTGYLMuDFm3lVT68/edit?usp=sharin
g>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1diDLY_uFmvqkpPmI858MfRx4_0FMTGYLMuDFm3lVT68/edit?usp=sharing

- James Gannon will be looking into RP option.

Feedback:

- No harm in having gathering. Suggest having a report of communications at IGF to show progress to
"non-ICANNers"

- Use this opportunity to report /communicate to IGF on accountability. Not appropriate to have
CCWG-ACCT discussions - decision-making without appropriate opportunity to join.

Disruptive mails on list

Continue work in a constructive way and in compliance with standards of behavior. Posting rights
have been restricted. Suggestion to have restriction lifted in two weeks time and to revert to
permanent restriction if still disruptive post deadline.

Documents

*
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56144573/Excerpt%20from%20Charter.pdf?version=1&mo
dificationDate=1445971867697&api=v2> Excerpt from Charter.pdf