[CCWG-ACCT] On Stress Test 18

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 28 23:37:44 UTC 2015

To be accurate, under current Bylaws, ACs and the
ASO are generally free to make their own rules
(there are some exceptions). The ccNSO and GNSO
rules are generally subject to Board
approval/rejection and the critical parts of
their rules, how PDPs are conducted, are in fact
Bylaws that clearly need Board explicit approval.

Alan

At 28/10/2015 01:22 PM, Steve DelBianco wrote:

>Paul — you suggest CCWG should somehow prevent
>GAC from changing its
>own<https://gacweb.icann.org/display/gacweb/GAC+Operating+Principles>
>operating principles, regarding how they make
>decisions.  But an approach that interferes with
>GAC (or any AC/SO) prerogative to make its own
>rules
seems to me a blunt iinstrument that will meet fierce resistance.