[CCWG-ACCT] On Stress Test 18

Tracy F. Hackshaw @ Google tracyhackshaw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:17:04 UTC 2015

I am not certain that it is accurate to say that "nearly every/any aspect
of ICANN's work could be framed as a "public policy" issue."

As I have been at pains to point out to others who have asked, there is a
difference between "public policy" and "public interest". It is not useful
to conflate the two concepts.

Have a look at this excellent paper - Belohlavek, Alexander J., Public
Policy and Public Interest in International Law and EU Law (March 27,
2012). CYIL - CZECH YEARBOOK OF INTERNATIONAL LAW: Public Policy and Ordre
Public, pp. 117-147, A. Belohlavek & N. Rozehnalova, eds., JurisPublishing,
Inc.,Huntington, New York, 2012, Vol. III. Available at SSRN:
http://ssrn.com/abstract=2050205

Rgds,

Tracy