[CCWG-ACCT] On Stress Test 18

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Thu Oct 29 16:58:42 UTC 2015

Megan,

I am personally open to be convinced how the GAC advice with regards to .AFRICA qualifies as public policy advice in terms of ICANN activity.

At the risk of doing this ad nauseam:

The point is not that GAC defending its turf, or the CCWG Accountability encroaching on the GAC's turf, but the worries of many about how the little accountability that currently exist within ICANN might be affected by a (not so) hypothetical change (to something much less then current) of the strength of the formal GAC advice (the one that the Board has to give special attention (for the lack of a better term) to).

I am personally not disturbed by how Consensus is defined within the GAC and by whom, this something that we'll know when we see it.

If the GAC can come up with something this would be very helpful.

el
--
Sent from Dr Lisse's iPad mini