[CCWG-ACCT] Contribution on Transparency Reforms for CCWG / Budget veto/ Financial reporting

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Thu Oct 29 19:15:29 UTC 2015

Nigel,

There is the representation made by the several counsels retained that
under California Corporations Code, member(s) creates a governance issue
we're not prepared to address, either in the finite time available for a
transition, or the infinite time available to come up with "membership"
that isn't a clandestine status bump (note the pun) for the GNSO, ALAC,
and perhaps one or more other AC (SSAC and RSSAC self-excluding) or SO,
and solves the intractable problem we were unable to solve in 2002 --
what is general membership?

Could you at least, for the purposes of discussion, assume that the
stated concern is a real concern and not a convenient fiction?

Eric